The state of Michigan requires you to have no-fault insurance, which covers both injuries and damages that have been caused by accident regardless of who was at fault. It will also need to include the following types of coverage:
- Personal injury protection
- Property protection
- Residual bodily injury/property damage coverage
While the state of Michigan requires you to have certain minimums, there are additional options that can give you extra coverage.
What Michigan Drivers Can Include on Their Auto Insurance Policies
Auto insurance companies in the state of Michigan give you several options that you can add to your policy. There are 3 main types of collision policies from which you can choose:
- Limited Collision Coverage – If you’re less than 50% at fault for a car accident, your insurance company will pay for the cost of repairs after the deductible. But if you’re more than 50% at fault, you’ll have to cover the cost yourself.
- Standard Collision Coverage – Your insurance company will pay for repairs after the deductible.
- Broad Form Collision Coverage – Has the same rules as the limited coverage option, but the deductible doesn’t apply.
While collision coverage is a great way to cover a vehicle if it has been involved in an accident, other options can help you:
- Comprehensive Coverage – Covers damage to your car if it didn’t involve an accident (such as collisions with animals).
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – Can protect you if you have been involved in an accident that was caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Towing and Labor Coverage – Covers towing costs and other types of labor if you were involved in an accident.
- Rental Car Coverage – Covers the cost of a rental car if your vehicle was damaged because of an accident.
Be sure to speak to someone at Janis-Shunta Insurance in Muskegon, MI to get more information on what’s available.
Reliable Auto Insurance in Muskegon, MI!
If you want to get a reliable auto insurance policy that will get you the coverage you need, the people at Janis-Shunta Insurance can help you. We can get you a policy that will meet state-required minimums, and we can present you with additional coverage options that can give you an extra layer of protection. If you want to find an auto insurance policy that will meet your needs and fit your budget, feel free to contact our office today!